Kweku's journey to the sahara

Sunday, October 29, 2006

last few days in Bamako






It has been a wonderful experience being in Bamako, like the saying go seek and you will find, ask and it will be given. So far I have been quite lucky in a lot of ways considering i can speak a little if any French and none of the local language Bambara. however I am pleased with what I am able to do by my self, in the last couple of weeks I have been venturing out by myself going to centre of town catching taxis with my little knowledge. This has made it possible to conquer more frontiers, sometime I just make people laugh and they let their guard down I am sure sometimes they say who is this crazy English speaking man,even with my little French I still have conversation with people and make them smile and laugh so I must be doing something right
I have taken a liking into one young girl who sells bannana I think its because she works so hard for avery little, it all started oneday when I asked to take her a picture and she said yes. I looked into her eyes and realised she was hungry or thirsty even thou she is selling banana she was hungry i assumed so I got her some drink and gave her some change for food since then, any time she sees me she comes to say hello, not because she anticipates something but out of curtsey and gratitude,she symbolises the shear tenacity and the survival nature of the African child,if i could ifford to adopt anyone i will the bannana girl
From the local shop man to the street vendorsi have made friends with them all and i think i will miss them all, I am sure a lot of people would wonder where this crazy man is when I leave and they dont see me any more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home