Kweku's journey to the sahara

Friday, February 23, 2007

My local people





I have certainly bonded with most of the locals and feel some of their happiness and pains.
I have also proven to my self that language is not a barrier, some of the market women that I buy my food supplies from don’t even speak French only Bambara, yet I am able to have conversation and a laugh with them, majority of African men don’t step a foot in the market let alone cook yet they have see me there a lot of times, I suppose they find it amusing and surprise about this man, I am sure they trust the choice of my ingredients. I try to spread my purchase around so they all benefit from when I visit the market. They were a bit reluctant for their pictures to be taken, but with time they have warmed up to me and ask me for their photos to be taken, bless them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home