Kweku's journey to the sahara

Thursday, April 26, 2007

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END





All good things come to an end and my adventure in the sun and musical quest has come to an end
My last few days in Bamako the capital of Mali has been full of activities, I needed to conclude many things I had been doing all the recordings I had been doing for musicians had to be mastered and given to them. Also people have come to a realisation that I am going for real and wanted to make good use of me before I park my equipments
In all this my own work gets neglected so I had to go without sleep some days so that I can cope with everything.
My last recording project answered a lot of questions it was very challenging, my friend Toumani Diabate called and gave me the permission to record his band live at LeHogon so I got all my bits and wires and set off with Jara Camara as my helper, all was set by the time the band started to play, recorded about three hours of live audio of the Symmetric Orchestra was so excited but my work did not prove as fruitful as I would have expected.
So far my equipments have stood to the test but this session I think proved too challenging for my G4 apple Mac power book and my Motu sound card, pieces of audio was missing during playback I was so disappointed when I got home and realised imagine getting the opportunity to record one of the greatest and successful African groups and not having all the sounds. This has made me aware that if you are to operate professionally price cant be compromised hence I must invest in the best possible recording system Digi Design Protools in future
My last day was spent in getting around to say bye and thanks to all the friends I had made around the area I was staying I was surprised how many people I had known in the period that I had been in Mali, from shop keepers school kids petrol station attendants market women, musicians maidservants rich and poor people. I was very sad by the final hour when people turned up to wish me well also
In all I will say my trip has been very successful and feel God had prepared the place for me and guided me in everyway and I will give thanks and glory to him

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home